Many people have Yahoo email. In fact, it one of the most popular web mails in the US. If you are trying to sign up for Yahoo email or facing problems with Yahoo email login, this guide will help you immensely. You use the steps highlighted in this guide to make the signup or login process easy and convenient.
Yahoo Signup Process
In case you don’t have a Yahoo account, the first step to accessing the Yahoo mail is to sign up for an account. The Yahoo signup process is as follows:
- Get onto Yahoo.com (http://www.yahoo.com/?p=us)
- Check the right top hand of the web page
- You will see Sign in and an envelope symbol
- Click on the Sign in
- It will take you to Yahoo.com login page
- At the right hand bottom of the page, there will be a message – Don’t have an account? Sign up
- Click on the Sign up. This will take you to the Yahoo sign in page
- In the sign up page, enter your first name, last name, preferred username and date of birth
- The username is mandatory as it will be the basis of your email ID. So check if your preferred username is available. Or else, choose the name suggested by Yahoo
- Make sure you provide an alternate email ID, if you have one
- Create your password
- Once you have filled all the necessary fields in the sign in page, click Finish
- You will receive Yahoo sign in mail in your alternate email ID after completing the signup process
- Click on the link provided to activate your Yahoo email
Steps for Yahoo Login
Once your sign up for Yahoo Email, here are the steps you need to follow to log into your email:
Open any browser; in the address bar type http://www.yahoo.com and press Enter
On the Yahoo homepage, click on the envelope symbol on the right hand upper corner of the page
On the login page, enter your username and click on Next
It will take you to the next page where you have to enter your password
If you want to stay signed in, check the Stay sign in box when filling in your username (which is your email ID)
After typing your password, click Sign in. This will take you to your Inbox, where you will have a welcome sign in Yahoo mail waiting for you.
What Happens If You Forget Your Yahoo Password
When you sign up for Yahoo mail, Yahoo makes it easy for you to reset the password as it offers multiple ways to do this.
In case you have forgotten your password, click on the Forgot Password link in the sign in page. This will take you to the next page where you will be asked to enter your mobile number that you used during the registration process. Yahoo will send a code to the number that you need to enter to gain access to your email.
Alternatively, for successful Yahoo login, you can enter your recovery email (your alternate email ID). Yahoo will send an email with a hyperlink that allows you to change your password.
As you can see Yahoo.com sign in and login are not that difficult. Just follow these steps and you will be able to create and own a Yahoo email account within no time.